• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Vision" - short made at NYFA at Universal Studios, Los Angeles

"Vision" is about a man that has recently lost his vision and tries to find a meaning in a life where he cannot see anything anymore.

This is the second short (of two) that I made at New York Film Academy's three-week film school in Los Angeles, USA, where we got the opportunity to use the studios at Universal Studios. The task was to make a five-minute short. This time, we were allowed to film in color (the previous film had to be in black-and-white), but the film could still not contain any on-screen dialogue, since the point was to tell a story with pictures. During lessons, we got to work on story and script, before shooting, editing and ultimately screening the film at Universal Studios. Filmed in 16 mm film. Year: 2010.

http://vimeo.com/23763016

The film did not appeal to me. It was done okay though.

You do need to flog your camera operator for leaving that tuft of lint on the lens for the entire short. That was terribly distracting.

Felt you were pushing the "no dialogue" limititation, sneaking in a song with lyrics. :lol:

Watched this, and also "The Chase". You really need to pay attention to window reflections. (Heh, and some continuity)

What model camera are you using, btw? Do you need to shoot on film, or is it optional?

Would be sweet to shoot on Universal's lot. One day. You lucky weasel. :)

What are you working on now? :cool:

"Vision" is about a man that has recently lost his vision and tries to find a meaning in a life where he cannot see anything anymore.

This is the second short (of two) that I made at New York Film Academy's three-week film school in Los Angeles, USA, where we got the opportunity to use the studios at Universal Studios. The task was to make a five-minute short. This time, we were allowed to film in color (the previous film had to be in black-and-white), but the film could still not contain any on-screen dialogue, since the point was to tell a story with pictures. During lessons, we got to work on story and script, before shooting, editing and ultimately screening the film at Universal Studios. Filmed in 16 mm film. Year: 2010.

http://vimeo.com/23763016

I liked it, you had to tell a story with no dialog, and I felt it. I didnt like that random pictures spliced in there of the beach etc... I know what you were trying to do though.

Very cool you shot on film, many people nowadays dont have that opportunity.

I would have taken advantage of the locations much much more, I know exactly were you were, you were at the triangle where there is mexico street, western street, and 1850's - we got to see all of them, (not good) :)
Next time take advantage of those sets :)

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

What model camera are you using, btw? Do you need to shoot on film, or is it optional?

What are you working on now? :cool:

I'm almost entirely sure it was an 16mm Arriflex-S. I did the film-only workshop, but there was also one for digital filmmaking.

Right now, I'm editing a pilot for what will hopefully become a TV show. I'm also writing 10-minute scripts for a comedy web series with my brother. :D

I would have taken advantage of the locations much much more, I know exactly were you were, you were at the triangle where there is mexico street, western street, and 1850's - we got to see all of them, (not good) :)
Next time take advantage of those sets :)

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

Haha, that's correct. The only problem though was that we were a lot of students, so the locations we got we had to use very wisely, not to interfere with the other student's projects. Glad you liked it! :)

Back