• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Virtue - First Short Film - Looking for Criticism

How would you rate the following short student film.

• Total voters
Could you specify on some specific examples of when I let this happen? This may have been an issue with someone cutting too early or abrupt motions that weren't anticipated and we didn't do enough takes to make up for an error of such significance.

Hey man...

the cut, I was referring to was at 2:14. But's that's really no biggie.
During almost all Shot-Reverse-Shots between the girl and the prisoner you were "crossing the line"...well that's at least what I think. The guy looks to the right and the gal also looks to the right...

other than that...I think you did a fine job!

I hope that helps, man...

Cheers,
A.

What happened to the aspect ratio at 0:49 ??

Was it an artistic choice to have the flashbacks as a different aspect ratio? The question is, why?

My main complaints are about the technical aspects especially continuity (girl looks left to right, then guy looks left to right...hmmm), shots matching from cut to cut (close up to wide) and even the lighting seemed very flat.

Acting wise, I don't believe she should've gotten angry considering her position and reason being there.

I liked the dialogue but I don't think the actors were good enough to deliver them genuinely.

It was superb for a first, so make sure you study up on shot sizes, continuity etc. Technical errors become very distracting and will take the concentration away from the story.

good work.

Back