• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Virtual Studio Advice

Hey, it's me again. So on YouTube I do this tech show, and I have steadily been gaining popularity over the past year. So, I was thinking for a little change up, that I wanted to change my background. I shoot on a green screen, and use a background that I personally made. SO my question is somewhat vague, but do you think I should change it up to something more interesting or is it fine how it is? Should I go for a plain solid background and high contrast (iJustine look)? Thanks..sorry I know this is basically a preference choice, but I'm having problems deciding.

Here's what my video looks like: (you can just mute the audio and ignore what I'm saying)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBzKWez03AE

Hey man,
I thought it was fine. Can you make it better? Sure you can. We can always make things better. But I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. Just make sure that the background doesn't get busy so that it's not distracting (It's not busy right now).

I think the trick is to keep doing these videos. And as you keep doing them, you'll see that your tastes will change and you'll keep improving your background and other effects as you go along.

So, I'm not really telling you anything that will help make your background better. I'm just saying that you can be happy with it as it is right now. And I'm sure other people will give you some really good advice and you can slowly make it better. But don't worry toooo much about it.

Edit: You may want to add just a little light on the phone as you're using it, so that people can see your hands. You just want to make sure that people aren't thinking "man that looks dark" as they listen to your excellent review ;)

Good review by the way.
Best,
aveek

Last edited:
Back