Vimeo BLOCKED in my country!

Hi guys,
Just to fill you up on whats been going on on this side of the globe-
India has been reeling under the worst govt ever.. It's not even a democracy anymore.
They have openly admtted to a scam worth more than 500 billion dollars and nothing happened to them..
They have sued google for showing "defamatory" remarks in search results..they even spoke about banning facebook cz the movement against them was peaking..they arrested the protestors..labelled them terrorists and put them in jail... A single man (Chief minister of a state...like your governor) ate annual fund of the state alone and got out from jail after 10months...
BUt I digress...

Reason why I tell you this is because the govt has blocked VIMEO..but not youtube..
I cant access my channel or anything.. I know you can access sites using proxy server like I do for another blocked sites such as piratebay...
but vimeo videos dont seem to load up.. Can anyone help please?

Kindly elaborate on that.
I use proxy sites such as hidemyass bt it only works for piratebay etc..
FOr vimeo..page opens up but video doesnt

This might work:

https://www.torproject.org/

Hide My Ass and similar sites may mask your IP, but may not actually give you an IP from a different geographical region, which is what you need if the blockage is being done on the Vimeo side.

If there is an inbound blockage created by your government that locks out media content, you may not be able to get it to work at all.

Also, if your government is really getting that oppressive, you might be playing with fire by generating encrypted/cleverly routed traffic. Be careful.

Back