video output

I have been using Adobe Premiere for a while now quite happily. Recently I purchased Pinnacle Studio Plus to play around with and found it quite handy for putting together quick test projects. However, although it handles my domestic JVC DV camera perfectly, when using footage from my Canon XL1s it seems to have a problem. There are fine lines across the screen and the frame rate can be occasionally jerky. Premiere has no problem.

Am I missing something obvious?

The problem manifests itself only in Pinnacle Studio not Premiere. Input via firewire from camera to Premiere totally fine, sharp as a tack (so rules out dirty heads). Firewire from camera to Pinnacle Studio shows the lines and slight jerkiness. Even tried dumping video to my hard drive recorder straight from the camera (perfect quality), then capturing the video via breakout box back to Pinnacle and lines are back again. It seems to be something to do with the information in the video. Could there be more information to handle from the superior XL1s compared with the standard domestic DV cam?

Back