• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

video/editing software

i'm new to the film world an just wanted to know what software should i start off with. for shooting like short films, music videos. to post to like myspace, and utube. thanks for any help that can be offered

It depends what software are you talking about? Editing? Avid, Final cut , vegas... depends on your needs... me more specific.. a lot of the information you are asking is available everywhere. Just write video editing software in google search and it will give you reading material for days...

...well, there are beginners and there are beginners...

Do you mean that you have never done anything film-wise? Or that you have just decided that with the newbie knowledge you have, you are going in head first?

If you've never done anything before, any camera that will allow you to capture your footage into your computer will do. The edit system that came with your computer will be fine in terms of you getting your feet wet.

If you have just decided to go "all in" and invest in a prosumer camera and professional grade editing systems, then the answer is different and more involved.

Which are you? :D

-- spinner :cool:

beginner

i just took my first film class intro to film and i dnt have any equip at all. i want to know what would be a good way to get started. far as like going to best buy or a place like that to get my feet wet in film before i invest a lot of money. i would like to get equip that can get me in the loop of the film world and is easy to work with and will give me oppertunity to learn and progress in the film world

Back