• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

VFX houses

We're in post production now with a sic-fi short film and are looking for quality visual effects/CGI companies. Can anyone here recommend an excellent VFX house that's affordable for indie projects? We're not looking for cheap effects and don't expect freebies. But we're indie people so there's no big VFX Hollywood budget.

Thanks in advance!

You're probably going to be better off with a freelancer (or multiple) than with an effects house.
With the overhead they have (management, building, renderfarm, etc) it is going to be expensive, regardless of how much effects you actually will need.

Do you have a detailed description of all the shots that need work, what assets are required, etc?
If you want, PM me the details, and i'll take a look at it, give you my two cents.

You may be able to get excellent results from a team of motivated independent contractors, but a detailed description of the project (scope of work, and how many shots) is needed before I can offer you any relevant assistance.

Without an existing relationship with a VFX shop, they won't cut you a special deal because they operate with fairly low margins and significant overhead.

I work in VFX. If you have a script or (even better) storyboards, I'd be happy to have a look.

Drop me a line: schelesny(at)gmail

Thomas.

Last edited:
Back