very new at this and needs help.

Hi everyone! ^_^ I just registered today and realized what an informative community this is. ive learned more in 30 minutes reading posts on this site than I have learning on my own! Well being a newbie I have a question that maybe some people here might have an answer to. In the last 10 years or so I have messed around alot with basic consumer camcorders. Ive recorded friends, short comedies, nothing to serious and nothing high budget. But I realized that this is what I have a passion for... and its fun LOL. Anyways i'm planning to buy a better camera and my choices are the Panasonic DVX100B or the Sony HDRFX7. I like the way the DVX100B gives the (cinematic) look and many of its options, compared to a HDRFX7 camera that can get alot of those little imperfections due to its high resolution. But i plan on going to a film school in a year or so, and I believe a non HD camera might be considered obsolete. Which should I choose? HD or non HD?...... my budget is only around $1500-2000 =(

It's not just the camera, it's all of the accessories that go with it (lenses, tripod, etc.) plus sound and lighting. And that's just the technical end. There's budgeting, writing, preproduction, post-production, and lots of hard work, not to mention loads of patience and people skills.

Good filmmaking is a blend of many different disciplines.

Back