Vehicles, Cityscapes, and Lawyers

Recording establishing/stock footage this weekend. Legally, do I need permission to use cityscape footage if it only contains an overall view of the city/town, but no visible logos?

Guerrilla Style

Driving Coverage - Getting footage for green screen with stationary vehicle. Driving through country mainly, but there are some houses/buildings along the way. While there will be motion blur, if the houses are briefly recognizable by owners/occupants, is that footage unusable?

Establishing shots of buildings - If a building, skyscraper, apartment, church, or house is recognizable but bears no logo is that still unusable?

Vehicles - What entails fair use? If I have a mustang in the shot, but the license plate, insignia, and brand name are all covered or given fictional equivalents, can the vehicle be used in the scene?

Last edited:
Will answer my own question on establishing shots. I need to have permission/releases and a permit not be a bad idea.

The driving footage, cityscape, and vehicle usage still has me scratching my head.

Back