uploading a video to a website....

How do you upload a video to a webpage - I have a video that is saved under:
documents/sony vegas ect...but no one recognizes it...so I must transfer it to something that is recognizable.
I wanted to upload to facebook...or youtube...doesn't matter really.

So what do I do?

Thanks.

Well you're going to need to find out what formats the website(s) allow then most likely convert or save the file as that format. I don't know Vegas Video so that's the best I can do. It could also just be a size thing (in this case ONLY size does matter)

You need to either convert the video you have, or export a suitable video from Vegas.

What format is your video right now?

You should be able to upload a QuickTime .mov, an MP2 or MP4, or a Windows AVI or WMV file to YouTube no problem. (Though they might still have that 10 minute limitation).

Once you have your video ready on your computer, you can upload it via your YouTube account. (After it has uploaded, YouTube converts it automatically to their special codec. Sometimes that can take up to an hour, depending on length and original format). Once it's up there, you can copy the EMBED code (available on your video details, at YT) and paste that into your actual website. (Don't forget to enable remote embedding, in your YT options).

It's pretty simple, once you've done it once.

I will have to fool around...meanwhile I did get it up on youtube...pretty bad quality considering its hd.
I will check it again later to see if it improves...then try what you wrote...

I am just fooling around with the whole editing thing on Sony.

Thanks.

Back