• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Uhm... yeah. Size does matter.

Hannspree 23" SL231 monitor. Anti-glare screen which is great, but the outside frame is a bit too glossy for my taste.

picture.php

poor MacBook is now dealing with an inferiority complex. :grumpy:

Next up, speakers.

Dude! Size totally matters. I don't know how in the hell I ever edited on that puny little whatever-size monitor that is, to the left of my 25" Hannspree (which was a nice bargain).

P.S. Meet Jean-Luc. That's his favorite hangout. Makes typing very difficult.

20110804182900.jpg

Don't me to brag but I'm 27"...

It's not the size of the monitor, but what you're editing on it. :lol:

Yeah but that's like 12 American inches.

Was hoping the ladies would chime in on this! ;)

Dude! Size totally matters. I don't know how in the hell I ever edited on that puny little whatever-size monitor that is, to the left of my 25" Hannspree (which was a nice bargain).

P.S. Meet Jean-Luc. That's his favorite hangout. Makes typing very difficult.

20110804182900.jpg

I was tired of unplugging my old ViewSonic from the PC, so it was worth the $160.

Jean-Luc rocks. Does he get final cut?

When I got my 22" iMac I thought: this is huge! Then I had to go back to my PowerBook for something and thought: how did I ever edit on this 15" widescreen? :lol:

I'll be using the PowerBook for any writing I decide to do now.

...you may add the obligatory 'that's what she said joke' whenever you are ready :D

-- spinner :cool:

Uh huh. That's what she said. :)

Does anyone use a big screen TV to edit? I use mine as a screen for my computer but haven't tried to edit.

I use a 42 inch Sony LCD as a B monitor just to have an idea of how it's going to look on a TV, especially when grading. It tends to be a little darker than the computer monitor, so I generally split the difference and get decent results.

I also use a 42" TV screen for color correction, because FCP's stupid gamma shift problem means that it only displays color correctly on an external TV monitor. It's always much darker on my computer screen than on the TV.

P1010761.jpg

That's the studio at University though, but I do spend most of my time there.

At home I just put my laptop next to the TV and the window and pretend. I try to pretend I have good speakers too. :(

Back