Two shots...how do I match them up in post...

Two Cameras. Camera one is on a tripod and filming an artist paint. Camera two is on a steadicam and will be filming periodically...mostly closeups on the paintbrush mixing the paints and stroking the canvas. Camera one is continually running from the beginning to the end while camera two is not.

In preproduction...is there an easier way that I can match these up (like some sort of clocking device) in post without having to turn into a pita?

The whole thing would be about an hour long. My goal is to cut the footage from camera two in post.

There must be a simple way of doing this without me having to look through it in post and try to guesstimate where to put the footage from camera two.

Thanks.

K

I would do it in post, and you wouldn't need any guesstimation. You can match the movement, precisely, with no difficulty.

The difficult part for you will be learning how to use the software. But as soon as you got the basics of editing down, this particular task you ask about will be easy.

If camera two is able to run for the required length of time, just sync the cameras at the start and let the B cam roll the whole time. That way you can drop the footage from both cameras in the time lines of your NLE and cut back and forth between them.

Back