• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Two Questions

Dear Friends,
Iam in the process of developing my script for a story which takes place in a college/university and main protoganists are 20-22 year old people.
Iam looking to watch some independent/main stream movies with similar subjects of fun and confusion of college life..Apart from Hollywood movies, Iam also interested in watchng some international movies having similar subjects..

I have gone through word by word Syd field's book on screenwriting. Can anybody recommend couple of other books in same genre ( For developing a script, story for film )

Regards

Can't help you with the college movies, but on the screenwriting I've some recommendations.

1) There lots of good screen writing threads here on indietalk... go through the archive and read them

2) Check out this site unknown screenwriter

and basically read EVERYTHING.

3) Then flip over to Bill Martell

where there is also a ton of good stuff, much of it for free

and finally, if you're interested in how writing relates to micro-budget film making, then I'm going to pimp my own site... which also has a shed load of interesting stuff... including some free screen writing tools.

$1000 Film

If you manage to get through all of that, you'll have saved yourself a fortune in books and seminars... probably enough to finance your next movie! LOL

A few good books for you...

Dear Friends,
Iam in the process of developing my script for a story which takes place in a college/university and main protoganists are 20-22 year old people.
Iam looking to watch some independent/main stream movies with similar subjects of fun and confusion of college life..Apart from Hollywood movies, Iam also interested in watchng some international movies having similar subjects..

I have gone through word by word Syd field's book on screenwriting. Can anybody recommend couple of other books in same genre ( For developing a script, story for film )

Regards

Here's my recommendations:

TEACH YOURSELF SCREENWRITING -- an inconspicuous little paperback that's PACKED with information.

SAVE THE CAT -- You could do worse than following the structure outlined in this book.

THE TOOLS OF SCREENWRITING -- a little known book adapted from playwriting. Lots of good tips on screenwriting.

WRITING A GREAT MOVIE -- a little advanced so read this LAST.

Read these -- apply to your story.

Good luck with it!

filmy

Back