• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Twelve, Twelve, Twelve

Ok, so I decided to start a thread on the current project that I am starting. I am in early pre on a short titled Twelve, Twelve, Twelve. It is the first film I will have shot that I have not written. Here is a synopsis of the film:

After a violent attack leaves her homebound and suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the once beautiful and vivacious JULIA develops a series of obsessive compulsive rituals to bring order and control to her chaotic inner life. But now, the very rituals that saved her threaten to rob her of what’s left of her sanity. When her attacker, ED MITCHELL, returns to finish the job he started, Julia can’t be sure whether he’s real or a just another figment of her delusions.

The script is 9 pages and takes place in one apartment location. I am in the process of putting my team together which currently include Geoff Foley – Producer, Myself – Director, and Thomas A. Koch – Director of Photography. We have a handful of people in mind, all professionals, in the other key roles. With Thomas on board we will be shooting on the 5D. I am aiming for an mid-May shooting schedule which will take place over 3 days and I am looking for this to be shot around the San Jose area.

I am currently in the extensive search for the female lead in the coming month in both L.A. and S.F. where auditions are being held. They will join the male lead in the film Brett Rickaby (http://www.brettrickaby.com/) who has signed on to play the role of Ed Mitchell.

I’ll try to keep everyone updated as new information comes in and posting stills once we start rehearsals. I’m doing this mainly because these are the threads I enjoy reading. This should be the last short film I partake in before rolling on a feature later this year. I enjoy doing shorts due to their quick turnaround time and it allows me to hone my skills and meet people that I can take along with me building a great experienced crew. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

Also...just some modest begging. Here is the link to the films Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/e/p4MpM/projects/2104722740/twelve-twelve-twelve

If you can spread the word I'd greatly appreciate it. I know filmmakers don't have deep pockets but hopefully we have networks, web pages, etc. we can post things on and that's all I am asking for. So take a look and if you have any questions feel free to post them or send them to me.

Thank you for any and all help in advance

Thanks Jeff, it's my first venture into this sort of funding option. I'm hoping it works, but we shall see. This project is such an intense peice of work with some big players attached (well bigger than I've directed before). So I'm very optimistic.

Ok, so another update...after two weekends of S.F. and L.A. auditions we have finally chosen our lead actress. This lady came in and had such an amazing energy both in her performance and just in person and rocked it. Introducing Beth Anne Garrison...

http://www.bethannegarrison.com

bag_b2.jpg

Bringing her aboard with Brett Rickaby is going to be exciting. They had some crazy chemistry in the auditions and I can't wait to see them play off of each other. We've also moved the shooting dates back to August to give us some more rehearsal/breathing room and also to accommodate everyone's schedule. So stay tuned as more updates should follow shortly including a quick teaser.

Back