• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch TV Pilot- Trailer Critique

This is the trailer for the first film I worked on. Pre-production began this time last year and we premiered the complete 52 minute pilot to the cast, crew, and their friends and family this August. We would like to look into online distribution for a complete season, but need more feedback and support. Let me know what you think! Do you like it, do you hate it, do you get it, do you want more, or do you want less?! We would love to hear from you! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L0xYfdamUI

We chose black and white because it's different, and it's not being done all over the place. It also has a grain on it to make it more gritty and dirty looking. That was the feel of the over-all show; grimy, and gritty. It was filmed in color, but it doesn't tell the same story that way, it doesn't give you the same emotion. The main idea was to do something different, if it makes it to a pitch someone can always ask to see it in color and we can provide that version, but no one would ask to see it in black and white and that was the directors original vision for it.

I thought it was a nicely done trailer, good job. As for sfoster's comment, I sort of understand the appeal to shooting black and white. Personally, I think it's always intriguing to give that homage to older films with classic black and white, and if done correctly, can be a powerful tool. I especially enjoy shooting in black and white because I don't have to focus quite so heavily on lighting.

I thought it was a nicely done trailer, good job. As for sfoster's comment, I sort of understand the appeal to shooting black and white. Personally, I think it's always intriguing to give that homage to older films with classic black and white, and if done correctly, can be a powerful tool. I especially enjoy shooting in black and white because I don't have to focus quite so heavily on lighting.

Thank you! I agree with you, that black and white can be a powerful too. I didn't realize until we were deciding on black and white or color how big of a difference it can make on the overall story. I think the way it affects the mood, tone, and overall what you see and what your eye looks at is amazing. I also enjoy the lighter focus on lighting as well; it makes for quicker setups and filming over all! :)

Nice work! Although there's room for improvement. The audio is unappealing, the music is distracting, and it's very poorly paced. But aside from that, not too bad.

Thats great that it's easier to shoot and makes things more artistic for you, but I cannot think of a single television program that is in black and white. Perhaps that's why you're calling it gimmick?

personally i see this as a turn off for potential viewers

Back