Trying to decide; t2i or 5d

Its tough. I would love to have the 5d because I think its a better investment, but I need to put away a whole boatload of cash just to be able to afford it. It might be months, or a year before I could get one, and thats assuming real life doesn't knock down my door and steal all of my hard earned money.

On the other hand, I could easily budget in a t2i. And from what I've seen, it can hang with its 5d brother for the most part (the 5d is better of course).

Personally, I'm not depending on a camera to make a living, so I guess it doesn't matter which one I get, I just want to get one soon so I can do some shorts that I have planned out. This makes the t2i the obvious choice, however in the next year or so I want to shoot a full length feature that a wrote a few years back. It requires a lot of low light shooting, so the 5d would be a better camera in that scenario.

I dont really know why I'm asking, I know I'm going to get a t2i, but is there any reason why I should hold out and get the 5d?

OR is there something in the t2i price range that out performs it?

well I was suggesting that it would be after large amounts of success that would lead me to have to justify the purchase of more expensive equipment.

I have two t2is. And I've been buying lenses for them slowly. But I'm thinking of selling everything and getting GH2s.

I use them a lot. The problem is that you won't be able to conduct interviews without disrupting the interview. Your camera is going to heat up and then yo won't know what the hell to do, because nothing can be done. I have lots of batteries so I just keep replacing batteries so the cooler batteries have a cooling effect. But it gets annoying as hell. Also there's the whole moire problem. It can be a serious problem as sometimes you think you have a good shot only to later find out you can't use it because the damn thing can't read edges.

Get the Gh2. A little more money better spent goes much further than less money poorly spent :). At the time I spent my money, there were no GH2s.

Back