trouble with adobe premiere pro v2

Hi, I'm new to the whole making and editing movies thing so i was hoping maybe you guys can help me a little. I shot some video with my JVC GZ-MG 130U camcorder. I transferred the footage to my computer. It was in a .MOV format witch wasnt working in APP so i converted it with some software i have into AVI-DV. The video and audio play fine in windows media player but when i import the video into APP it loses the audio. I was hoping maybe some one might have some suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

How did you capture the footage to the computer? Do you still have the original tapes? You may be better off capturing it directly into Premiere. This is how I capture, direct from the camera over Firewire (its chapter feature is nice to have because it will split the files at every scene break). And what software did you use to convert the file? That may be where the problem lies.

i got the footage to my computer with a usb cable. i tried importing them directly into premiere but it didn't seem to support the video format. i used video converting software called SUPER. Since the last post i have gotten some progress with the problem. where before i could only get premiere to recognize the video but it did not recognize the any audio. I played around with converting to diffrent audio codec's in the SUPER software now i have video and audio imported into premiere it just wont play the audio. its there under audio one it just isnt coming out the speakers.

Thanks alot for the advice VPTurner. ill keep trying to get it to work

i just figured out the problem. i was messing around with the settings and found under the edit tab then under audio output mapping i found to sources for audio output and the wrong one was selected. well thanks anyways for the help

When I say capture it directly into Premiere, see if Premiere can recognize your camera when it is connected. I haven't tried USB, but with Firewire not only does Premiere recognize the camera, it can control it. You should be able to playback the content on the camera while recording it into the computer through Premiere using the NTSC-DV codec as opposed to capturing with a different program and importing the footage. Premiere can capture, too.

Glad you got the audio sorted out.

Back