Translation please

Thanks in advance!

"Please do not edit content in a 24P timeline as this causes issues during the encoding process. If footage is shot in 24p , content should still be brought into a 29.97 fps timeline to avoid issues. Also, do not mix interlaced and progressive video as this will compromise the appearance of the video."

This has to do with how I shoot the video? What mode camera is in? 24p cinema causes issues and I can edit into 29.97 later?
Shooting in 30p progressive isn't good.

Or am I totally confused on this (which I am anyway0.

K.

Thanks in advance!

"Please do not edit content in a 24P timeline as this causes issues during the encoding process. If footage is shot in 24p , content should still be brought into a 29.97 fps timeline to avoid issues. Also, do not mix interlaced and progressive video as this will compromise the appearance of the video."

This has to do with how I shoot the video? What mode camera is in? 24p cinema causes issues and I can edit into 29.97 later?

K.

What program and version is this?

Thanks in advance!

K.

They're saying they want the final product to be 30FPS (29.97), so they want you to edit in a 30FPS timeline. So, that is how you should start your project, and finish it.

In this quote, they didn't specify whether they want 30p or 30i, but they did specify that it can't be mixed, so yes, this affects how you shoot. You gotta pick on, and stick with it. If memory serves me correctly, you're using Vegas Pro 11? This should handle 24p footage, in a 30p timeline, no problem. However, if they want 30FPS, you might as well shoot it that way. Why isn't shooting in 30p any good? I don't get the problem with that. Sounds like they're cool with 30i, so maybe you go with that?

I'm not sure if 30i or 30p would be better for your project, or if it matters. You might want to check with them, to be sure.

They're saying they want the final product to be 30FPS (29.97), so they want you to edit in a 30FPS timeline. So, that is how you should start your project, and finish it.

In this quote, they didn't specify whether they want 30p or 30i, but they did specify that it can't be mixed, so yes, this affects how you shoot. You gotta pick on, and stick with it. If memory serves me correctly, you're using Vegas Pro 11? This should handle 24p footage, in a 30p timeline, no problem. However, if they want 30FPS, you might as well shoot it that way. Why isn't shooting in 30p any good? I don't get the problem with that. Sounds like they're cool with 30i, so maybe you go with that?

I'm not sure if 30i or 30p would be better for your project, or if it matters. You might want to check with them, to be sure.

Thanks a million. You also have a great memory because I am using Vegas 11. Actually I downloaded a trial Vegas pro which allows me to manually change everything. Merci.

Back