• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Transfiguration

Hi & a very, very happy Christmas.

I'm working on this short b/w video for a friend of mine who did the music. I'd be very grateful for any feedback:
click here to see it

peace

leo

Last edited:
Hi Knightly,

I just used stills and animated them with After Effects, this is how I worked before with another piece called The Dark Night.

What do you think about the lighthouse ending? Bit trite?

leo

liked it...blinking seemed too regular for the fluidity of the rest of the piece. Maybe if you were to fade it in, or make it look as though it were turning somehow.

knightly said:
liked it...blinking seemed too regular for the fluidity of the rest of the piece. Maybe if you were to fade it in, or make it look as though it were turning somehow.

I agree. Slow rotation would be nice too.

But it looked really nice.

new version

I've taken your advice knightly/CommanderGoat with the slow, revolving light. There is a new version HERE.

Please tell me if you think anything else should be done,

peace
leo

That works. If you prefer the profile of the beam of light, you could still make that happen by using the same beam you were using and do a graduated reveal on it and then reverse the reveal...but this felt much more natural than the previous version.

Back