• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Transfering From MiniDv 2 The PC

i can't help but notice that when transfering a video from my sony handycam that the recording on the display looks way better then what then gets transfered onto the pc. especially during motion. it just looks fine during playback on handycam. but on the pc, it looks as though it skips frames and looses some pixels during the effect.

Cool man, glad to see that you got the HDD thang fixed.

That image is deinterlaced. Are you bringing in your footage as progresive? If so, it looks like your cam records interlaced. That means that when you bring it in, you need to tell the app the footage is interlaced and not progressive. It should be a checkbox somewhere.

My Cam

Sony DCR-PC350E MiniDV 3.0MP Handycam

in adobe premiere capturing i can't find an interlaced or progressive option. and in movie maker neither. is there any free software that does include that somewhere? or should i just install sony vegas studio and use that, because i believe it came with my camera. and say for better transfer should i place the software i use on the drive that windows xp is on, my master drive, or should i place it on the drive that nothing else is on, thus far, but that i will be capturing the videos to.

i would like to take this time out to thank all you people on indietalk.com who have helped me so much with all these stupid beginner problems. zen, shaw, cootdog, john, and everybody else. thanks alot! i'd put it in my signature, but i guess only premium members have one.

Last edited:
so it doesn't even matter what software i use? i put vegas 6 on my computer, so vegas 6, adope premiere or windows movie maker, no difference?

is there any difference in transfering quality between these softs?

and i can't find a single option that lets you change from progressive to interlaced in any of these softwares.

Last edited:
Back