• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer for Short Film “Heads or Tails”

Hi everyone,

This is a trailer for my team’s short film “Heads or Tails” which is set to be released on Valentine’s Day. This is our first short film and it was definitely a great learning experience for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3r3qRQk4Vg&feature=youtu.be

We would appreciate it if you would please check out the trailer and share your comments and critiques as it will help us improve as we move onto our next project.

Follow Robcob Productions on Facebook or visit our website at www.robcob.com for more updates about our projects and to see “Heads or Tails” when it is released. Thanks!

Jerrod
Robcob Productions

Looks pretty good. I like the time lapse shot. I've always been a fan of that technique, for some reason.

The picture quality was really nice, imo. It seems all that's really needed is a boom mic to give the vocals that nice, clean, professional sound.

Overall, I like it a lot! It seems like an interesting story, so I'd love to watch it upon release.

Keep up the good work! :D

Also, who scored this trailer, btw? The music was very well done, as well.

The sound recording, editing and mixing were dreadful, which I assume you already know? In contrast the music was recorded and mixed to very high professional standards, so I'm assuming you've effectively stolen it?

There were some good images in the trailer, the time-lapse has been mentioned and works well. I'm a little unclear though, the pace and style of the music implies the film is a thriller, with some romance, would that be an accurate interpretation?

G

Thanks for both of your feedback!

We definitely struggled with the recorded audio on this first project and this is something we want to improve on for our next project. The music in this trailer is a track we purchased from Audio Jungle called Darkness Falls, by M. Paramonov. AudioPostExpert, this film is a romantic thriller.

Definitely agree with AudioPostExpert. I'm guessing you used your on camera mic to record the dialogue? If so, that is a BIG be a NO-NO.

Also why did you put an "epic" music in the background? It doesn't make the film look like a romance film.

Acting was iffy but I could be wrong (I need to see the whole film to judge that part).

Anyway, congrats for finishing the film and would love to see it soon!

Justin

The music in this trailer is a track we purchased from Audio Jungle called Darkness Falls, by M. Paramonov.

My apologies for assuming you had used uncleared/unlicensed music. The track is mixed to a far higher standard than the average piece of library music.

G

Back