top-list Top 10 Bulls**t Action Films...

You know the ones... hero who is indestructible. Cool dialogue. Snappy come backs… normally made in the 80’s.

So (in no order) here we go…

1. Last Boy Scout
2. Long Kiss Goodnight
3. Commando
4. Predator
5. Robocop
6. Action Jackson
7. Die Hard
8. Lethal Weapon
9. The Perfect Weapon
10. Showdown In Little Tokyo

Also see: Rapid Fire, Top Gun, Invasion USA, American Ninja, Above The Law… the list goes on!

So, anyone else?

Phil Hobden
-- Modern Life?--
"Lazy Days... "

Hmmm. I kinda want to pull Die Hard out of that list of yours. There was something about that one I really liked...and I wouldn't want to lump it with lesser quality films like, say...Commando. That's just my personal opinion, though.

Come to think of it, Robocop wasn't too bad either...

My list would be the complete catalog of movies starring --

Jean-Claude Van Damme
Steven Segal
Chuck Norris
Dolph Lundgren

I happen to like some of the films in your list... I'm trying to figure out what you mean by Bulls**t. Please explain how these films are Bulls**t.

"What happened to Sully?" "I let him go" LOL!

Bulls**t meaning = good but fluffy, no little or no artistic merit but bloody good fun and enjoyable. It is, where I come from, a compliment.

Die Hard is there because it is the highest quality version of a BS action film - the one liners, stupid stunts, insame ammount of deaths...

As for the rest they are all GREAT movies!

By far, the greatest movie (IMO) in this genre is "Payback." Nothing compares to the cool confidence of Gibson in this movie. I can literally watch it once a day. I can also watch "Punch Drunk Love" and "Me, Myself and Irene" once a day but I'd never admit that.

mr-modern-life said:
Bulls**t meaning = good but fluffy, no little or no artistic merit but bloody good fun and enjoyable. It is, where I come from, a compliment.

Die Hard is there because it is the highest quality version of a BS action film - the one liners, stupid stunts, insame ammount of deaths...

As for the rest they are all GREAT movies!

This makes much more sense now...:yes:

I remmember watching Predator and Commando during the 80's and i enjoyed them very much!

My dad has met Arnold Schwarzenegger at Bircotes (near Doncaster, UK) when he came to UK doing his muscling contests before he was in films. I am a big fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger!!!

Comando and Predator, Arnold Schwarzenegger at his best. Top quality entertainment.

Can I also say that the "Rock" is currently reinventing the BS-A genre in his own image.

I think that Van Damme's "Kickboxer" is hard to beat and I think it qualifies as a BS-A film. Steven Segal's Nico is another top quality BS-A movie.

Arnold Schwarzenegger used to live above a greasy cafe in Chester-le-Street, Co Durham in his iron puming days, beause the guy who owned it also ran a gym. I've had many a bacon sandwich there and can't quite get my head around the fact that Arnie once lived there.

1) How can you forget "Sudden Death"?? (J.C.V.Damme)
2) Or "The Rock"!!! (Cage/Connery)
3) "Face/off"!
4) Jackie Chan's "First Strike" is another feel-good classic!
5) And of course.... MACBETH 3000!

SOOO many more... all of them so lovely- isn't it wonderful?

I know that the house where Arnold Schwarzenegger grew up is to be made into a museum and there is already a sports stadium in Austria named after him.

How can you forget
DeathWish 3 starring Charles Bronson?
Now that is your classic BS action movie that I just can't get enough of even though it's so craptacularly cliche.

Ok... this is more recent but the biggest BS movie for me is Independence Day.

I mean do people really think aliens could be destroyed so easily? Mars Attacks was probably the best real life depiction of what would happen if aliens landed on earth.

Not a great action movie fan, but anything with Arnie rocks.

---------

S.M Tyler said:
Mars Attacks was probably the best real life depiction of what would happen if aliens landed on earth.
Ack ack ack ack!

Mars Attacks was just soooo campy, you really don't have a choice BUT to like it. There's very few films like this made because it's a giant risk to the studio to purposely make something like that. I loved how they got so many big-name stars to act in it though, especially Jack Nicholson to play a dual-role.

Independence Day was as lame as they come simply because it was made as a Will Smith popularity vehicle. Could Roland Emmerich be so lame as to vision Will Smith saving earth? Yeesh...

Speaking of crap, I read that Stallone will be coming back for YET ANOTHER Rocky and Rambo film. RETIRE ALREADY! Is there anyone here that wants to see another Rocky or Rambo film?! :bang:

I wish there was a smiley that was vomiting... :lol:

Okay another ten (this list could go onto to well in teh 50's+ )

1. Face Off
2. Independance Day
3. Bad Boys
4. Sudden Death
5. Cobra
6. The Rock
7. Armageddon (well tehf irst hour or so! the rest is just s**t)
8. Double Impact
9. Red Heat
10. Rambo 3

Man I wish they made films like this. Although teh Rock with Walking Tall and Welcome to teh Jungle is getting close (both would make 11/12 on the list!)

Phil Hobden
--Modern Life?--
Find Me At Blogspot.com

Back