Tips for actors.

Don;t worry I will not being given the tips myself. I found an informitive link that I think we all should read.

http://www.theproducersperspective.com/my_weblog/2008/12/10-audition-tips-for-actors.html

Thank you for the post. Those are all very useful tips to remember. There was recently another thread that housed the same topic, have you had a chance to look at that as well?

I will add that yes indeed it is very useful and informative to sit on the other side of the audition table. The company I work with all the time (who are also my good friends) have me sit with them during auditions now...and it's been invaluable.

On a side note, one of the jobs I have as an auditor is not just to help choose, but also to read with the other actors. Other actors are SO happy to have another (hopefully talented) actor reading opposite them during the audition. Nothing is worse than a droll, boring read opposite your intense scene.

It's strange though...in a local scene you get to know a lot of the talent...and I hear from many individuals that say it's even harder to audition for friends than for strangers--I totally see where they are coming from, but mostly I personally find it easier. What about you guys?

And not to veer this thread totally off topic, but here is a post I made a while back in regards to general tips for film actors (once they've got the role): Ten Tips For Indie Actors. This mainly pertains to indie actors and the circumstances they may be faced with. Some of these tips are obvious, and may be learned in an acting class, but you will also find advice you won't find in an acting class--advice I wish someone would have shared with me early on.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back