Time Travel movies

On the TV front, let us not forget the great Quantum Leap. Only allowing travel in times we've lived.

Just watched the Guy Pearce "The Time Machine" by H.G.Wells... that was fun.
I'm a huge Dr. Who nut (conventions, scarves and jelly babies - a true whovian)... and there were a couple of movies. They seemed to take care to make the places and times widespread enough to avoid overlap as much as possible. Seemed a neat way to avoid paradox overall.

Read (I know you hate to, but food for thought, maybe) Time Enough for Love, as well as The Number of the Beast (not his best book as only the first or second draft ended up being published), which has a lot to do with time travel and parallel universes. (both by Robert Heinlein)

His short story By His Bootsraps is a major influence on the story I'm currently developing.

Here's a good list on Wikipedia of travel science fiction.

My recommendations:
The aforementioned By His Bootstraps
Slaughterhouse-Five
The Hitchhiker books dealing with time travel, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and Life, the Universe and Everything.

Any other sci-fi time travel books anyone can recommend?

Oh and as far as television shows go, the 3rd through 5th seasons of LOST had some great time travel concepts.

I'm glad Knightly finally mentioned Quantum Leap! Screw sitcoms, my family used to all sit around to watch that bad boy every week when I was in middle school!

A less conventional time "travel" approach was done in Frequency, with Dennis Quaid. There a father and son talk to each other, through time, on an old short wave radio that was damaged. Was more like a Twilight Zone episode...

Sorry if this has been said on the thread before, I'm being lazy and not reading. I' alwys thought terminator made sense. sort of. at least it was explained. and Bill and Ted were geniuses with time travel. I often wondered what would have happened if they forgot to do the things they said tey'd do after it was all over. if that makes sense

Back