• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Thief! My very first film

This was creatively done :)

As someone on your youtube vid said, a tripod will do wonders. All of your shots are shaky and unappealing.

Also, try messing with the manual settings on your camera if there are any, it all looks a bit bland. Last thing, get some color correction going.

Software ain't gonna save ya. It's time to research the basics of filmmaking. I recommend starting with the basics of photography.

Cool film and wait to go for actually getting something done. Too many people talk about it and never do it. So good on you for that!!!

I do suggest getting a couple of books on editing, story telling, and directing to help you learn some of the basic rules of filmmaking. Once you know all the rules (which is very hard to do) you can then break a few from time to time and impress the audience.

Keep it up.

I did not film this one, but I did star the thief in it.
This was my group's very first production, we will be releasing new videos (and hopefully improving) weekly :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMGVOujVYM

Cool film and wait to go for actually getting something done. Too many people talk about it and never do it. So good on you for that!!!

I do suggest getting a couple of books on editing, story telling, and directing to help you learn some of the basic rules of filmmaking. Once you know all the rules (which is very hard to do) you can then break a few from time to time and impress the audience.

Keep it up.

Thanks, that actually motivates me a lot :)
I am currently taking a Film class in high school and chose Film 2 for next year as well as the AP class I can take after Film 1 and 2, so I'll definitely be getting more schooling in it.
I was also shown this site http://www.elementsofcinema.com/ I'll be reading through it a lot this weekend.

Last edited:
Back