• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

They should have a CGI program like this.

It would be cool if one could buy a CGI program that instead of having to animate everything, it gives you prop options already available. Such as, if you wanted say a certain type of military helicopter or tank, but you can't afford it on a low budget, then the program could have several types of helicopters and tanks to choose from that would fit where your story is set. And of course, it would have other things, like if you wanted backdrops of say Rome, but couldn't afford to film there, it would give you several types of them from all over the world to choose from.

That would be very nice cause then a regular indie filmmaker can do what usually only the people in Industrial Light and Magic can do. Think they will come out with a program like that soon? I assume there is a high enough indie market for it, and I'm surprised that haven't yet.

Ya, Turbo Squid (I even have some models up there from yeeeaaars ago...still get the random check in the mail and tax form).

Great models there. You just need an animator.

Back