• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

TheMusicase.com (questions)

So I found musicase and thought " wow, some of these are great ".

Then I read their licensing:

Licensing

Even for Platinum Licensing, it states "Film-Documentaries".

So........I'm guessing the site is worthless for indy film-makers NOT making documentaries?

I would assume that it was meant as "Film and Documentaries", or that it is already covered under "Theatrical Performances."

You should contact them and ask for clarification. It would seem that their "mission" is exposure for the talent that subscribes to their services, and neglecting short and feature films would be a gross oversight.

Yeah, they were extremely helpful.

Got back to me in like ten minutes.

The Platinum License is what anyone making a film should opt for and depending on the song the total cost will range between $100-$120.

I'll be doing business with them for sure.

I'm giving a shameless plug to my company here but you should also try www.blanksound.com for music.
The site is only new so they have much smaller list of tracks but they are all really high quality.

The company prides itself on giving the best deal possible to the artists - 85% goes directly to them and they set their own prices. This is a much better deal than other licensing sites out there today.

Yeah, they were extremely helpful.

Got back to me in like ten minutes.

The Platinum License is what anyone making a film should opt for and depending on the song the total cost will range between $100-$120.

I'll be doing business with them for sure.

there are a lot of companies out there like that and some are even cheaper than than the rate they quoted you - if you're happy with the music you've found there then go with it...if you want some names of other companies PM me here and i'll give you a list - also that 85/15 split at Blank Sound is the best i've ever heard of as I have music in some of those types of sites...john

http://soundcloud.com/lightboxtherapy/sets/light-box-therapy-1

Last edited:
Back