The username game

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Guess how a member got their username! I will start.

@Alcove Audio So... what I picture is, you started your business from home and were forced to use an alcove in your home as your studio. How close am I? And are you still in the alcove?

PS. Was it because the wife took the she shed? :lol:

So... what I picture is, you started your business from home and were forced to use an alcove in your home as your studio. How close am I? And are you still in the alcove?

PS. Was it because the wife took the she shed? :lol:

You are correct, although your guess wasn't that difficult as I've told the story before. It was an alcove in our third floor walk-up apartment. The keyboards and one rack (plus two other racks, keyboard stand, speaker cabinet, pedal board, cable case and other sundry items) all went down and up those narrow stairs for gigs three/four times a week. It all fit into a VW Rabbit hatchback; and I could still see out the back window! When we bought the house everything went into the second bedroom, soon to be occupied by our daughter, while the studio and control room were being constructed in the basement. (The gigging gear went into a lock-box I built in the garage.) Been down here for 30 years now. During that time I transitioned from an analog 8-track recorder, 24 channel console and tons of SMPTE synced MIDI gear to completely in-the-box digital recording/mixing and transitioned music to primarily audio post work.

I don't want to guess @jax_rox (jacks rocks)

Jacking Off Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

Back