The US cinema industry - any opportunities for a foreigner?

Greetings.

I am the young amateur filmmaker from Russia but I'm seriously determined to join the US cinema industry. Please tell me - is it actually possible for a foreign person to find a low-level job in the US industry? I mean any cinema or video-related job that doesn't require special education or significant background.
Or maybe there are other ways to get in the business?
Any information or advice will be appreciated greatly.

Of course. I don't know of anyone in this business who cares what country you're from.

Thanks for your reply.
You see, I don't have any right to stay permanently and work in the USA without working visa. I just doubt that studio or company would bother to get me a visa for a job that doesn't require serious qualification. What do you think - is this possible?

I, too, doubt that any company or studio will sponcor you for a
work visa. All the studios hire union members and the non-union
companies already have many, many qualified, experienced
workers to choose from - people with education or significant
background.

Do you have other skills that would be of use in a different industry?
You might be able to get a work visa that way and then use your
time here to gain skills and experience in the movie business.

Thanks for your reply.
You see, I don't have any right to stay permanently and work in the USA without working visa. I just doubt that studio or company would bother to get me a visa for a job that doesn't require serious qualification. What do you think - is this possible?

Them not caring and them going out of their way to help you are two different things. For that, I think you're going to have to develop skills that make it worth their while to get you a visa (I don't know how any of that stuff works).

Back