• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"The Undead" Zombie Short Film - Join The Undead Army Today

Hey everyone,

I am the director for "The Undead" a brand new and original zombie film series.

photo-full.jpg

"The Undead" is an unconventional Zombie film. Instead of focusing on the Zombies themselves the main focus will be on the emotional turmoil brought on by the Zombie apocalypse. The film forces us to ask ourselves: What would we do if we saw our loved ones fed on and then turned? How would we feel knowing that our family members bodies are walking around but their souls no longer inhabit them? What would be going through our minds if we had been bitten and knew it was only a matter of time until we joined "The Undead".

"The Undead" part 1 follows Joseph Mason as he tries to survive a viral outbreak causing everyone infected to die a painful, slow death, but death is not the end. The virus then reactivates a small portion of the brain effectively reanimating the individual. These reanimated people are no longer human, they are instead a feral, mindless creature with only one desire. To eat.

Joseph Mason must fight to survive the outbreak and deal with the emotional trauma of losing, everyone. Will he survive? Or will he end up joining the ranks of "The Undead"?

The goal of the "The Undead" is to concentrate on the individual person that each film is about. The first one being about Joseph Mason. Joseph Mason's wife and son are killed at the beginning of the apocalypse. The first film takes place in a shelter where Joseph has holed up. None of the films will be connected as far as characters are concerned. Each film will cover a certain characters story.The first film concentrates primarily on the emotional. Where as the following films, even though they are still character driven and dramatic, are not as much focused on emotion. What we wanted to do with the first film is to shock some people with a disturbing and emotional transition from living human, to undead monster.

The Undead is sponsored and supported by Bagogames.com and Hitfilm.com and is mostly funded. We are in need of just $1000 to secure our complete budget and have started a Kickstarter campaign to raise the final funds needed.
For more information on what the funds will be used for please check out the Kickstarter page.

You can also see our pitch video and first promo on the Kickstarter page as well.

I personally am extremely excited about The Undead. We want to take the zombie film genre in a direction that few zombie movies seem to go. I was just interviewed by a local newspaper so we have a fairly large local and international fan base already. As filmmakers, I wanted to ask you guys for help. It would be awesome if you would consider pledging but I totally understand not have funds to. So it would be just as awesome if you could help us out by sharing the page.

We are in talks with a couple of other awesome sponsors so stay tuned for updates on that as well.

Thanks for taking a peek at my project and I hope that it sparks your interest.

in regards to your first statement: "Instead of focusing on the Zombies themselves the main focus will be on the emotional turmoil brought on by the Zombie apocalypse"

I don't mean to sound critical, but that's what most zombie movies already are.

Yes but not to the extent on which this film is. The majority of Zombie films focus on the zombies themselves and the destruction that comes about because of the zombies. Our film focuses on the emotional destruction that is brought on by the apocalypse. Nine out of every Ten zombies films I have seen focus on the blood, gore, and running scared from zombies or annihilating them. We want to delve deeper into the emotions of the characters going through the circumstances. The way I have described it before is this, It is essentially a dramatic film which happens to be set to the backdrop of the zombie genre. Instead of using a terrorist attack, or an other number of natural disasters we used the zombie apocalypse. Their has been so much in the news lately about it and one of the focuses of the film is, how would be actually respond to seeing our loved ones feed on and how would we cope emotionally if we had been bitten knowing we only have a certain amount of time left?

I hope that makes sense. I can assure you that it is not like every other zombie flick out there.

Do you have the braaaiinnnss?

Scream Screen is looking for short film makers to enter their undead films for the 4th annual internations Zombie Themed Short Film Competition.
Based in Newcastle, Australia.

$500 prize money and FREE to enter

www.undeadsociety.org

Back