• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Twin Kings

Welcome to Indietalk.

Watched your teaser trailer and was impressed with the costumes and music. I would have liked to have gotten some hint to the the story even if it's a few titles like: "In a time of War" "Two Brothers Must Battle" "Only One Will Survive"

Or something like that. Otherwise the trailer is just a randon assemblage of footage.

Scott

Good costumes for having no budget. Would have liked to see more visually stunning shots and better lighting than the available lighting used for outdoor shots. I guess I'm looking for more style in a medeivel epic, because otherwise to me it looks like a bunch of D&D guys trying to make a home movie to play out their fantasies.

And The Gimp was just awesomely bad. It truly is embarrassing, lol. Very strange acting job by both of them, but especially the main character who wasn't even dressed the part. Too many shots of his back too, remember the human face is always the most attracting feature in film, so try and show people facing you more. This is especially applicable if you're trying to make a comedy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. The lighting is all natural for the outdoor stuff but has been corrected now and looks better. I really didn't spend much time on the teaser because people kept asking me what I was working on so I needed something to show them, quickly.

reaction

The Gimp

This seems like one of the many films ou there that is done purely to amuse the people who made it. I watched it once. I wont be watching it again.

Twin Kings

This looks laughably bad. I'm sorry. I used to put more effort and thought into my posts - but now I've adopted a policy to give as much thought and attention to my posts as the filmmaker has done with the short I'm responding to.

Have you actually considered how an audience is going to react to this film?

Back