• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Star Tree - better movie than book?

So I have this children's story called The Star Tree that is in a 32-page book dummy format in its current state. I'm on the fence with what to do with it. I've discussed details with the illustrator who illustrated the draft and to bring the entire thing to life with final drawings, color, etc. would run about $12,000. This is industry standard for an artist's time, creative efforts, and such. I get it and would love to fork over the cash, but I simply don't have it. Who does?? Not me.

Which has me wondering what exactly to do with the project. Hmmm...

There is certainly potential for environmental tie-ins, conservation angles and all sorts of tree hugging warm fuzzies. It's a nod to The Lorax without being a carbon copy. Here's a video of me reading the first 8 pages or thereabouts that I put together last year this time. I didn't want to post the entire story just yet, thinking it better to keep the content closer to the vest for a while. Take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GYSs0X8-zQ

Website link here http://thestartreebook.com/

If you have children, maybe you can play it for them, watch it with them and ask them what they think will happen to The Star Tree.

Thanks for watching!

Are you considering turning it into a film, instead of publishing it as a book?

That's what I get from the title, but you don't say in the post.

While I think either medium would be great for The Star Tree, I've always pictured it animated. Could it be expanded into feature length, thereby being a more commercially feasible project?

Yeah, I suppose it could be expanded into a feature. Heck, they did it with The Polar Express, why not? I won't mention all of the Seuss books that have been ruined in the feature form.

But it would still take proper funding and the right folks behind it to bring it all together.

It's fun to dream... ;)

Article on The Star Tree...

picture.php

picture.php

It reminds me of a local writer from my hometown named Jake McDonald, who wrote a childrens book called "Wanda and the medicine fish", which he wrote like 20 years ago or w/e, and is now just getting a movie deal!

It would probably have to make it as a book first before being a movie.

Back