• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

The Square Root of Evil

First, this is ABOUT screenwriting. There is a separate section for marketing your screenplay. That's where this belongs.

I've seen your listing there before. I'd make a few changes if you want to market this more successfully. I've taken the time to visit your website, read the summary, and so I want to give you just some quick thoughts. For what it's worth:

1. I'd change the name. "Square Root of Evil" sounds very high schoolish. Makes me think basic algebra. That is probably a major detraction for possible directors/producers. It would be for me. I know it's hard and something you're close to, but I'd change it to something more edgy--"Radical Evil" or "Numbered Days" or something that can play off the concept but sound mature.

2. The logline needs to give a gist of the movie, not your opinion as the writer.

"A supernatural serial killer mystery that successfully combines smart horror elements with supernatural, religious and apocalyptic themes." -- That's your opinion that it's 'successful' and 'smart'.

Your logline, based on your summary, might read something more like:

"When Connor and her partner investigate a series of grisly murders, they find themselves in a web of supernatural events as the hunters become the hunted."

Now I have a clear view what this story is about and it pricks my interest.

I think making those changes would help your marketing efforts. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back