• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Sky is Blue - 5 minute Short

Hello, i made a film for Nationals TSA (Technology Student Association) and i uploaded to youtube and i would like to share it with all of you.
Check it out, don't forget to comment and rate it!
(i always comment Videos that other filmakers have posted so it's a fair deal)
The title of the film is "The Sky is Blue" and the film itself will explain why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8hUYqlFQ0

This is going to take some explaining for me to get my thoughts across.

It was very good for an 'amature' film. And amature as in, low production value and young age, ect.

It was very clean, and had a very nice story to go with it.

Some of the shots and acting was a little weak at times, and I thought the pace was a bit off towards the middle, but It kept me watching, and for such a low production value, that's a great accomplishment.

Im impressed with your work so far, and can see you doing very well.

This is going to take some explaining for me to get my thoughts across.

It was very good for an 'amature' film. And amature as in, low production value and young age, ect.

It was very clean, and had a very nice story to go with it.

Some of the shots and acting was a little weak at times, and I thought the pace was a bit off towards the middle, but It kept me watching, and for such a low production value, that's a great accomplishment.

Im impressed with your work so far, and can see you doing very well.

Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it, and i'm glad you can see the effort put through a low budget and amature production.

The actors were volunteers so they were amateur as well... but what can we do?? just gotta work with what we have. The story did become a little slow in the middle, i was planning on fixing that by adding some eye candy but the actors kinda bailed on me... haha
but i did my best with what i had.
haha

Very good!
One continuity error: glasses on/glasses off
Your steadicam/crane type shots were all very professional looking. What did you use?
I like the ending. The fact that he can't see imperfections, he can only see beautiful things, because he imagines it that way.
One line I couldn't hear, end of painting shot.

Very good!
One continuity error: glasses on/glasses off
Your steadicam/crane type shots were all very professional looking. What did you use?
I like the ending. The fact that he can't see imperfections, he can only see beautiful things, because he imagines it that way.
One line I couldn't hear, end of painting shot.

Thank you!
The continuity error, yeah, it was two different film days, and we forgot the glasses on who knows who's house. We didn't have time to go back and get them since our "actors" had plans after re filming that one shot.

In The Steadicam/crane shots i used a Glidecam 2000 Pro since i use a small Canon Gl2, and for the Crane i used an 8ft long Jib i bought from ebay. Its not too professional since it was designed for weddings social events, not really for film, but it did the job.

The line was "Since after all, the world IS beautiful... Yet not exactly what you imagine"

Thanks for leaving feedback, and i'm glad you liked the message of the short film.

Back