• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Runner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG8zK1Ydn4Q

My first "official" short, although once again it was impromptu. There was no material script, and it was shot in about three hours. Unfortunately, there was no sound person in the first half, and in the second half we were stretched for time, so it was shot much more hastily.

It didn't come out as I had hoped, but still it was a fun project.

I liked the camera work and how you revealed the gun. The pacing was a little slow, especially during the kid's walk from point a to b, I think that could have been shorter.

As far as the effects go, the initial explosion with the glass blowing out was cool, but then the ensuing fire didn't quite look real enough. The effects and editing were good on the gunshot... nice and quick.

I noticed the sound issues at the beginning and was going to comment about sound, but I then re-read your first post... never mind! lol

Anyway, not too bad for a first film. Keep at it! :)

I liked the camera work and how you revealed the gun. The pacing was a little slow, especially during the kid's walk from point a to b, I think that could have been shorter.

As far as the effects go, the initial explosion with the glass blowing out was cool, but then the ensuing fire didn't quite look real enough. The effects and editing were good on the gunshot... nice and quick.

I noticed the sound issues at the beginning and was going to comment about sound, but I then re-read your first post... never mind! lol

Anyway, not too bad for a first film. Keep at it! :)

Thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated. I can see how the walk is too long, I don't think I realized until it was put together, and I didn't want to re-edit and redo the score for such a simple project.

Thanks for your input though, and with the fire, I think one of my biggest mistakes was the black smoke; I should have kept it all gray, like the one on the right side.

Thanks again :)

I like shorts with more story.

To do well at festivals shorts have to either look sublime or have a great story - or both. The sound has to be top quality too.

Not much story here.

Back