The Road

This is my all time favourite film!

The acting at all levels is superb, the score is fantastic and the story leaves you heartbroken.

What your favourite film and why ?

This is my all time favourite film!

Hey Chris, if you have The Road on DVD and watch the behind-the-scenes extras you may see snippets of an interview with Viggo Mortensen on location in costume and makeup. I was holding the boom mic during that interview. :D

It was recorded the day they were shooting the beach night scene. They actually hauled several tons of sand into a warehouse (that was walking distance from my house) and recreated the camp site set, matching it to the daytime scenes shot on location a few miles away. They could have just lit the location itself after dark but it was cheaper, scheduling-wise, to rebuild it indoors and shoot during the day, especially with a child actor involved.

Favorite film: Lawrence of Arabia

Why: pick a superlative and it will likely apply

Hey Chris, if you have The Road on DVD and watch the behind-the-scenes extras you may see snippets of an interview with Viggo Mortensen on location in costume and makeup. I was holding the boom mic during that interview. :D

It was recorded the day they were shooting the beach night scene. They actually hauled several tons of sand into a warehouse (that was walking distance from my house) and recreated the camp site set, matching it to the daytime scenes shot on location a few miles away. They could have just lit the location itself after dark but it was cheaper, scheduling-wise, to rebuild it indoors and shoot during the day, especially with a child actor involved.

Favorite film: Lawrence of Arabia

Why: pick a superlative and it will likely apply

Wow that cool you got to be a part of such a great film ..after seeing that movie I couldn't stop thinking about it for days after, it was so realistic.

I think the best film ideas are the ones that touch the heart and soul of a person.

Back