• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Rebellion: Ep 1, NEED CRITICISM

Hey guys, the first episode of the new series "The Rebellion" is finally here. We worked quite a bit of time on this first episode. Yes, we have found mistakes and plan on doing much improvement on the 2nd episode.

There was a major problem with rendering it all together, so we had to split the first episode into two parts.
(altogether - 14 minutes long)

Also would like some feedback :]

First Part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YuIqD8vkrM

Second Part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dreT7Go7i0

I see an incredible amount of work. Well done all in all.

Certainly has sound issues, some levels too high some too low. Audacity is free and can help fix a bit of the issues. Sounds like you used on cam mics.
Better to have lost the footsteps to get rid of the wind noise, even could have added BG music, drums pounding whatever

Positives are many.... good cam work, well lit, decent acting, decent tension

Story was a little hard to follow at times, esp in the beginning some of the action did not contribute to story or build solid structure.

Could help to add some flavor to each character ...one loves knives, the other is obsessed w/ whatever, one is a control freak, one hates cats, one fears eagles ... whatever. the complexity adds flavor. main character sure flexed his fists a lot.... too much IMO <<< however can still work, just add a little more to it when he does it

I must say impressive work ! keep it up, your work shows effort, skill and promise !

Last edited:
Thank you for your thoughts, much appriciated.
Now i (josh) had noticed many of the things youve mentioned after i actually watched the fully rendered product and ive talked to zack about all of this. The audio was a big issue and i dont know how all the different levels got past both our ears. Def. Will work on that for the next episode. As far as characters go, they really havent had too much of a chance to develope yet. There were a few lines that sort of assigned the characters their roles. The pale guy with the full-throttle hat is the tech/mechanic guy. The stocky guy with padding and a shotgun is the rough and tough, team player, up close and personal guy. The guy with the goggles is a leader of the ghosts (still havent quite developed that yet). The guy with the sniper is, well obviously the typical sniper. And then the main character still has this giant back story to develope. And the back story will explain why he's this rambo-style badass.

But thank you for the criticism, really do appreciate it.

Back