• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'The Oscar Pallet'

Very nice work and a nice contemplative, slice of life film.

One thing though:
In the scene where the pub manager chews Hollie out you break the one-eighty degree rule --I became confused about whom he was speaking to and who was where...until I realized what was wrong ^.

Best of luck.

One thing though:
In the scene where the pub manager chews Hollie out you break the one-eighty degree rule --I became confused about whom he was speaking to and who was where...until I realized what was wrong ^. .

At the first viewing, I also had a problem with this scene. I think it's because just before, 2 costumers (a couple) are shown talking at a table. They're framed prominently and for a long time, thus creating the expectation that they will be part of the action. In addition the male costumer kinda looks like the pub manager. So, when it cuts to the Hollie/manager dialogue, I thought we were still with the 2 costumers. I think those 2 costumers should be shown less, both in terms of time and space. Alternatively some camera movement toward Hollie/manager would clarify the situation.

In the night scene where Hollie discovers the letter, I thought the light on her face was too warm. Something more blueish might have been more appropriate for the bleak atmosphere of the scene.

All in all that was a thoughtful film with good actors. I liked the slow pacing. At first it was not obvious to me what the countryside scenes were. In a Hollywood movie the transition from present to past would probably have been made clearer. If unclarity was intentional I don't know if it works. The whole story is a bit depressing. I don't mean that in a bad way. I prefer realism to escapist nonsense.

Thank you! Your feedback is appreciated, I kind of lost sight as an audience member with the amount of editing I've done - glad to have get some fresh views on it -

Cheers again!
Robin

Back