• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Old Man and the Lion- Short film

Well done!

Had my attention the entire time, I really enjoyed the old man's performance, he had the perfect amount of quirkiness in the beginning and then was able to switch no problem.

I like how you tied in the past at the end.

I think it'd be a neat idea if at the end, after the flashback, they were at his dads funeral and he placed the lion on his casket.

Loved the lighting as well, especially the dinner scene.

Great opening. Straight to the point. You didn't have 2 minutes of credits taking up your 11 minute short, and for that I respect you. I'm sick of 10 seconds of a black screen, 2 minutes of credits, 5 minutes of content, and 2 more minutes of credits. The music was good as well. Bordered on sappy, but it worked. One thing I noticed was that the shot of the old man, and the tiger was different. The shot of the tiger seemed slightly warmer than the shot of the old man. I liked the title. What font is that? Some nice camera movement was in the film. The pan of the man walking up to the house seemed a bit jerky though. I like the subtle but well done foley. Sounded very real. It bothers me when a director, editor, or sound person (excuse my lack of knowledge on correct terminology in the audio department) puts the audio at an awkward level that sounds unnatural and results in the sound feeling really out of the environment. The grading was very nice. When the father and son first meet, the dialogue felt very hollow to me, as if it was put through some type of filter. It didn't sound quite right. I really liked the acting from the old man. The old man did a great job. I watched the film muted, and it was interesting seeing how much the actor showed just through facial expression. I wasn't really impressed by the older actor. It wasn't just my dislike for the character, but he seemed really unbelievable to me. I also thought he spoke some lines with too much intensity and dramatic facial movements saying such simple lines like "you can put your own dishes in the sink". I really liked the dolly move forward of the man setting up the table. Very smooth and cinematic. There was a few shots in the film that didn't seem quite in focus, but the majority of the images seemed very crisp and nice. I liked the flashback as well. The grading done to the shots seemed a bit cliche, but I think it really tied the story together. Overall, I thought it was an amazing film. You did get an emotional response out of me. I felt really bad for the old man. I was a little teary eyed. Amazing work. One of the best shorts I've seen in a while.

Nice job :)

Well done!

Had my attention the entire time, I really enjoyed the old man's performance, he had the perfect amount of quirkiness in the beginning and then was able to switch no problem.

I like how you tied in the past at the end.

I think it'd be a neat idea if at the end, after the flashback, they were at his dads funeral and he placed the lion on his casket.

Loved the lighting as well, especially the dinner scene.

Thanks for the kind words!

Great opening. Straight to the point. You didn't have 2 minutes of credits taking up your 11 minute short, and for that I respect you. I'm sick of 10 seconds of a black screen, 2 minutes of credits, 5 minutes of content, and 2 more minutes of credits. The music was good as well. Bordered on sappy, but it worked. One thing I noticed was that the shot of the old man, and the tiger was different. The shot of the tiger seemed slightly warmer than the shot of the old man. I liked the title. What font is that? Some nice camera movement was in the film. The pan of the man walking up to the house seemed a bit jerky though. I like the subtle but well done foley. Sounded very real. It bothers me when a director, editor, or sound person (excuse my lack of knowledge on correct terminology in the audio department) puts the audio at an awkward level that sounds unnatural and results in the sound feeling really out of the environment. The grading was very nice. When the father and son first meet, the dialogue felt very hollow to me, as if it was put through some type of filter. It didn't sound quite right. I really liked the acting from the old man. The old man did a great job. I watched the film muted, and it was interesting seeing how much the actor showed just through facial expression. I wasn't really impressed by the older actor. It wasn't just my dislike for the character, but he seemed really unbelievable to me. I also thought he spoke some lines with too much intensity and dramatic facial movements saying such simple lines like "you can put your own dishes in the sink". I really liked the dolly move forward of the man setting up the table. Very smooth and cinematic. There was a few shots in the film that didn't seem quite in focus, but the majority of the images seemed very crisp and nice. I liked the flashback as well. The grading done to the shots seemed a bit cliche, but I think it really tied the story together. Overall, I thought it was an amazing film. You did get an emotional response out of me. I felt really bad for the old man. I was a little teary eyed. Amazing work. One of the best shorts I've seen in a while.

Nice job :)

Thanks for the honest and detailed review! Overall, I'm glad that it struck you emotionally. That's the best response that I can ever get.

Back