• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Lucky One - 24 Hour Short Film Entry

Hey, thanks for watching. Out of curiosity what would you have done different with the inner struggle to add more? In the editing room we felt like we over did it. Curious to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
FC

I think brevity would've benefited the edit. I got it. And I didn't think it was way overly-long, but I definitely would've paced it a little tighter. Is good, as is though. :)

As a newcomer to the industry your work is really inspiring.

may i ask what equipment was used other than the camera?
lens/ lighting?

Also I'm curious what your team consisted of?

Thanks!

really nicely put together - amazing for 24 hours! Did that include writing, shooting, the whole shebang?

I am also curious about your lighting - obviously it was all shot with daylight to an extent but what additional lighting did you use?

Loving the focus pulls too...

If I had to find fault I'd say the older guys dialog isn't perfect at the end and it could have been slightly tighter edited, but shit you had 24 hours so its an incredible achievement regardless.

i saw some of your shorts on youtube you mentioned zero budget, any advice on how to find actors willing to work for free?

thanks

Find those starting out/not so huge egos who want to make a bigger resume. Really the issue here is to find a mutual understanding that this is educational for both parties.

Back