• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "The Diary" A Short Film

I would like to suggest you shorten the time it takes to get into the story. The credits (opening and closing) makes up over half of the 4:08 video. Good work with post!

Mmm, I actually liked the slower pace. Could have ditched the 30 second intro, though. Looks like a heavily processed advert for VideoCopilot or sumthin'. :hmm:

Anyways, the short itself was pretty good. I really dug the transition over to the animated segment.

You've got some redundancy, with a title telling us the date directly after inferring the same with the notepad. Also, just 'cos your camera is capable of a shallow DoF doesn't mean you are required to crank that up to 11. This is the second short I've seen this week with such a tight DoF that you can't read what is written on paper... information for the audience to read.

Everything else looks great to me. The story's ending is a bit fast & weak, but still enjoyed it.

Why did you decide to go with the animation at the end? Liked it. What did you use?

Back