The Dark Knight

So.. who here is going to see it? I got my ticket already, weeks in advance. I will be seeing it in IMAX, so I can see the 6 IMAX shot action sequences. It is suppose to be the first featre film to be shown in IMAX with IMAX scenes. Should be exciting

Wouldn't miss it.

EDIT: Wasn't aware of the IMAX specific content. Now I have to see it on IMAX. Fortunately, we have a brand new theater that has all digital (DLP) projection and an IMAX.

Last edited:
TDK

I'm stoked for it as well, but my friends and I are waiting till saturday to see it in the IMAX. It will indeed kick extremely. I can't imagine NOT seeing it in the IMAX.

I just saw it yesterday. It was amazing. Heath Ledger is unbelievable as the Joker. You find yourself eagerly waiting for his next scene whenever he's not involved in one. And also it was just an overall great movie.

I saw the film last night.

I will try and give a simple review with no spoilers.

- All performences were brilliantly delivered; Joker did steal the show, however, everyone did fantastic. Although many people don't like maggie gylanhaul (however u spell her name)

- Brilliant and amazing direction/Writing

- Best comic book film ever made

- Simply amazing; crosses the line of the comic book genre, into true epic crime saga... said to be among the best... heat.. untouchables.. ect.

- It's pretty funny, atm it is ranked #1 on imdb's 250 top movies of all time. Ranked 9.5-9.7/10
- 94% on rottentomatoes

- I reccomend seeing it in IMAX For the fantastic imax footage. I also recommend sitting almost all the way back. We sat closer to the middle, and watching fighting sequences were sometimes difficult to make out.

IN conclusion; Easily one of the best films of 2008. You will want to see it again and again.

R.I.P. Heath ledger, amazing performence; I definently rank it with the best villains of all times, "Hannibal Lectur" "Anton Chigurgh" ect. ect.

Does anyone think that Batman Begins was better than the Dark Knight?

I loved the script of both movies and how each had a depth that earlier batman films has never shown ie. the ideas of justice in BB or the hidden symbolism of terrorism in DK (i hope everyone noticed this)

I thought the musical score for DK was much better than BB, there's no arguing that and I think it was the score as well as the performance by Heath that really made the movie better.

I just watched BB again earlier, and I had more of an appreciation for it this time around after seeing the DK. It seems to me that it was much deeper than DK, but still it wasn't as innovative of a style as the DK.

I dk, it's really hard to describe and decide which one was better. Anybody have any thoughts?

Honestly, I really didn't like Batman Begins. Which is what makes The Dark Knight being so brilliant all the more surprising for me.

The villains were lackluster (though Liam Neeson tried his best) and the story wasn't nearly as focused as The Dark Knight's would be.

I think its safe to say that with out Ledger's performance this movie would of just been a really good comic book film and not a really good film in general. I loved the movie and i think the main reason it was so entertaining was because when ledger was off screen i was waiting for him to come on and that really kept me interested and excited.

I thought 2 face was a joke and really took the film down a few notches... fair enough he is a comic book character so he isn't supposed to be a normal functioning human being he is aloud to switch from best human being alive to mass murderer at the drop of a bitches life but please ..... that face made the character pathetic.

It was a good movie... Ledger made it great.

Back