• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Canadian Mafia

Oh, pretty fun! The t'ing conversation was pretty funny. Very well made. Looks very good. It was very nicely shot. Probably just me, but when Franky stands up and the camera almost jerks upwards and out to keep him in frame it did kinda pull out me of the film a bit. The acting was very good. I really liked how Franky is reminscent of Harvey Keitel. That is not some sneaky way I'm trying to disparage or suggest that the performance is derivative or something like that! I'm saying that it is truly a pleasing and enjoyable part of the film.

I like and enjoyed it. You're a damn good filmmaker, and I'd like to see Part II.

Last edited:
Oh, pretty fun! The t'ing conversation was pretty funny. Very well made. Looks very good. It was very nicely shot. Probably just me, but when Franky stands up and the camera sort of jerks upwards to keep him in frame did kinda pull out of the film a bit. The acting was very good. I really liked how Franky is reminscent of Harvey Keitel. That is not some sneaky way I'm trying to disparage or suggest that the performance is derivative or something like that! I'm saying that it is truly a pleasing and enjoyable part of the film.

I like and enjoyed it. You're a damn good filmmaker, and I'd like to see Part II.

Thanks so much Richy. I was beginning to think nobody was ever going to watch it.

I agree with you on the jerky shot. The problem was they were all jerky. The cameraman forgot everytime to pull up softly. This was the least jerky shot I had.

I've got part two written, and I think its funny too. I'll make it for sure. It's all about the "other t'ing."
Thanks again for watching. :)
Aveek

Last edited:
It was my pleasure. I'm sure others have and will watch it.

I've got part two written, and I think its funny too.

Good news!

EDIT: Should trueindie or anyone else happen to notice it and be annoyed, it's my fault for editing (for readability and clarity) one of my previous sentances after posting it. So it's not a misquote on trueindie's part, but richy's faux pas. Sorry. :P

That could really turn into something. :cool:

Overall, it was a bit too Seinfeld-y for my taste... but if you could get these characters away from the "beating around the bush" repetitive/circular track, I think it could go places.

I thought all the characters were great; they just didn't have room to grow and develop the situation.

Anyways... just my thoughts.

Oh yeah, also the lighting for the waitress entrance/exit could have used some love.

When's PT II?

@zensteve. Agreed on all counts. I'll only put the mistakes down to my lack of lighting knowledge. I relied a bit too much on everybody else who were all supposed to be "experts." At the end of the day, with each film I make, where I don't pay people, I realize that I better be the "expert" on everything, including lighting and sound.
I'm getting better at lighting, but sound is still killing me at every turn. I need to really get better at it.
In terms of the script, all I can say is that it's my taste. I don't really believe in character development :). It's wierd, but I don't see character development in real life, so in most of the things I write, the characters don't really learn anything, win, lose or draw. I kind of like it like that. But maybe I need to change that attitude, as everybody is always telling me about character development. Maybe I need to listen.

Part II is coming. But I'm working on something else right now. A bunch of potsmokers and zombies and terrorists getting together. I'm writing it at the moment.

It's a decent set-up, but IMO there needed to be a better/bigger payoff. Great look and capable acting, just needed a little more on the writing side of things. Put those two goons in some hot water and see if they float or flounder! Ratchet up the stakes. Would like to see where this goes :) Keep 'em coming, Aveek!

I'll tell you what this was all about. It was just an exercise for myself to figure out if I could shoot a mob conversation scene. I just thought I'd try to make it funny. It wasn't really any more serious than that. Is it lacking in many aspects. sure, in more ways than I can count, and forget about the atrocious sound. But I find that I laugh every time I watch it. It's my kind of flick. :)

Hope you guys enjoyed it.
Aveek

Back