• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Boss - a film noir/mafia short film

This was my 3rd film. I shot it in early 2005. i heard my friend's dad talking in the other room, and suddenly got an image in my head of him in a suit, a big cigar in his hand, in a dark room with a light shining down on him like the opening scene of the godfather... i thought that was pretty funny... told my friend, and he thought his dad might do it... so i wrote a script and was making the film a couple months later. i rounded up a few friends to fill in the other roles... none of the people in this film are really actors... i didn't know any actors back then... they were just friends who were doing it for fun... or just to help me out... you can definitely tell they aren't actors, but they do a halfway decent job for not being actors... anyway... my friend and composer did a great jazz score.... and here it is... let me know what you think....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBvGtxlhXfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBvGtxlhXfY

Hehe, the idea was cool, I liked it - and you're right, your "actors" did a good job when you consider they aren't actors! That was a good 3rd video, I like Noir movies very much...the score was good aswell.

the only thing I would criticise is that in my opinion you could straighten it up a little bit, it is mostly centered on "the Boss" (which I think is absolutely not the problem) and there are many shots of him you could shorten to make the short film a little more fluent - but that's just my opinion...

all in all - good job!

this was done really well! you should think about a film comp like 48 hour of sumthing, definatly somthing ill favorite!

thanks for the critique, varmint... i'm glad you liked it overall... and thanks for your ideas :)

thanks dpkevin... glad you enjoyed it. i've thought about doing a 48hr fest... but just haven't gotten into one yet.... i've got a couple of my films in consideration for the Oxford Int'l Film Fest in July... that's about it right now.

Back