THE BEST EXPORT SETTINGS - YOUTUBE/VIMEO ETC

I know this has probably been covered a load of times but i cant actually seem to find any that work better then any others. So i want to personally hear your guys export settings for Youtube, or links to a decent article covering it.

For some reason i still cant get the crystal clear upload to youtube no matter how i go around it.

Im using FCP7 but welcome to ideas using external compressors or sorftware.

I was reading somewhere dont know where that you should actually increase the bit rate target rather than use what Vimeo and Youtube recommend including the profile level, I havent tested this myself but I will be tomorrow and seeing how it goes, I will upload two clips and post them here including settings for results..

They are but they are not correct. Not professionally anyway. Quality is always lost.

H.264 - V Bit Rate is not specific. There are plenty of options for this but none of them have been successful. I used MPEG Streamclip with some settings that worked better then the "Recommended H.264 settings" But still havnt nailed it. If you could link successful examples that would be great

webm (I recently learned that is Google's codec - don't quote me though, I'm not sure it's 100% right). Whether or not you can export using this codec, though it'll still encode to h.264 anyway.

The are so many variables.

Part of the problem comes from encoding from a delivery codec like h.264. Doubly so when the bitrate has already been limited for delivery purposes.

It's not really feasible from my country as upload rates are slow and I also believe Youtube have file size upload limits, I remember a little while back that a tut suggested to export using an editing codec like ProRes. I'm not sure if DXxHD can be uploaded to Youtube, though I suspect it will accept. Using the higher quality source for Youtube to encode from is likely to give you a better video in the end, though you're uploading large files.

The quality of your source material may make this suggestion moot.

Test, test, test.

Back