• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Allotment

Needs work

There is definatly potential for an interesting documentary here, i think you need to work on the basics first. The boom mic came into shot quite a lot, and this distracts the eye from the main subject. It looked as if you were holding the camera and the boom at the same time.

There were a few instances where the allotment owner stumbled on his words and repeated himself, if you had re-took the shot it would have been fine.

The content was a bit all over the place in all honesty, in parts he gave an interesting interview, especially when he was talking about digging for victory, in others it was a bit odd, for example when you tell him parsnips are no longer a popular vegetable. It sounded more like a news reader trying to trip up a politician than someone interviewing a guy about his allotment. And the question "do you have good sinuses?" where did that come from. And "HERB! - is that legal"

Also i felt the music was a bit strong and moody for the subject matter... feirce violin playing whilst your looking at vegetables doesnt exactly match.

I think the guy you chose to interview is a great character and i think if you take a bit more time considering whats being said/done in each shot you have a chance of getting some good results.

hope you found my comments useful,
Smith

Thankyou Smith for that,

The boom mic was done by somone who had not done this before, I kind of just threw it on them. I actually after found it easier to do the boom and shoot at the same time, problem I had with my home made boom was that when people use it they tended to made too much noise, so I had to edit out a lot of rattleing with tone.

There was a lot of random dry comedy to it I thought but yes I should of thought how I was going to construct it all together more. I should of made the things he was saying fit together more.

Back