• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Test Footage for my thesis Film

Mostly, I think it looks really nice. I only have one piece of advice that I hope you take with you to production.

That fake knife looks like a fake knife. I think it's a bad idea to let the fake knife be shown so prominently, held right in front of the camera, just begging for the audience to contemplate it's non-reality. I think it'd be much better to use a real knife for shots that the audience can focus on (which of course would involve no stabbing-action), then do a cut-on-action to the fake knife, as it drives into dude's chest.

Mostly, I think it looks really nice. I only have one piece of advice that I hope you take with you to production.

That fake knife looks like a fake knife. I think it's a bad idea to let the fake knife be shown so prominently, held right in front of the camera, just begging for the audience to contemplate it's non-reality. I think it'd be much better to use a real knife for shots that the audience can focus on (which of course would involve no stabbing-action), then do a cut-on-action to the fake knife, as it drives into dude's chest.

Thanks. Yea, we had a more realistic looking "fake knife" that could of pass for a real one, but the actress broke it by accident and this was the only one we had left. I had to cut a few shots out because of it. Once I get into real production then I will be sure to get more realistic looking props

Back