• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

T2i/550D ISO's

Wow, extremely helpful.. Thanks for posting I had no idea. I have to check this out for the t3i.

Hah, did you noticed, is that a dead sensor pixel?

Oh that's no big deal, I have Magic Lantern installed, but it runs also other ISO's not just native ISO.

Does anyone have like a chart over which ISO's would be best to shoot with?

The ones with the least noise are in the vimeo link. On your cards you can also go into MAGIC.cfg and change the iso.round.only value from =0 to =1 and this will give you all the good, clean video iso's so you don't have to flip through all of the iso's on your camera. Open magic.cfg with notepad and make sure to save the change.

Make sure your ML build is Feb 20th or better first, though.

The ones with the least noise are in the vimeo link. On your cards you can also go into MAGIC.cfg and change the iso.round.only value from =0 to =1 and this will give you all the good, clean video iso's so you don't have to flip through all of the iso's on your camera. Open magic.cfg with notepad and make sure to save the change.

Make sure your ML build is Feb 20th or better first, though.

Thanks man, I really really appreciate the help!

What is this usb monitoring thing? How do you use it, I'm guessing it's for audio most likely, but whaa?

It's possible (without Magic Lantern) to monitor video, focus and start/stop recording from a laptop running Canon's software while plugged into the camera's USB port. However, the video feed doesn't have a high enough refresh rate (low FPS, effectively) and you lose the use of the camera's screen, so it isn't a very practical proposition for most people.

It's possible (without Magic Lantern) to monitor video, focus and start/stop recording from a laptop running Canon's software while plugged into the camera's USB port. However, the video feed doesn't have a high enough refresh rate (low FPS, effectively) and you lose the use of the camera's screen, so it isn't a very practical proposition for most people.

Tested it out last night, it works very nicely with the usb monitoring turned on! I love it, this is what I've needed all along!

Back