• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch T.H.E Entertainment first REEL

Timur said:
hey guys check it out http://www.theent.com or direct link http://www.theent.com/reel.html
enjoy and tell me what you think? :P

I watched the Reel and was entertained.

Some nice shots and work mixed with some pretty poor shots.

My main advice would be for you to study lighting and concentrate on Set design. I haven't seen any of the actual films yet, but the titles are all from other films (for the most part)...the effects of course need a lot of work but for a beginner (i'm assuming you are) pretty ambitious and cool.
I don't know how to do any of the effects you attempt so my hat's off to you for giving it a shot.

If I'm able I'll check out some of the films and give you thoughts on them.

How young are you? Seems like High-school filmmakers but with some promise.

Good luck on future films,

Martay

btw- which awards?

hi yes i7 yea old just make movies on my own time, about lighting and set designe unfortunatly i don't have that money to buy lighting equipment. I won west potomac h.s. film festival for best film is the one which has won for best editing and music editing.
I am currently in pre-production of tfp 2 http://www.theent.com/theforgottenproject2.html which pre-production started in September.
We are looking for lots of help such us distubuting, sponsoring our movie.

this movie will be shoot really professional

Timur said:
hi yes i7 yea old just make movies on my own time, about lighting and set designe unfortunatly i don't have that money to buy lighting equipment.

Well, If you do some research you will discover that you dont need alot of money or fancy lighting setups to accomplish good lighting. You can use various light sources, check you hardware stores and even your mothers garage. The major thing is to use proper lighting technique, you can have lots of great equipment but unless you know how to use it it does you no good to have it. HOWEVER you can have minimal equipment and if you know how to use it you can get a really good look.

I thought the quality of the movie file itself was kind of poor. It was so heavily artifacted that I often couldn't really tell what was going on in the picture. You need to find a better way to compress & deliver your reel to make it more watchable.

I also didn't care too much for the music, but that's more of a personal thing. If you like the music, stick with it.

Arnie

chasm4u said:
Timur said:
hi yes i7 yea old just make movies on my own time, about lighting and set designe unfortunatly i don't have that money to buy lighting equipment.

Well, If you do some research you will discover that you dont need alot of money or fancy lighting setups to accomplish good lighting. You can use various light sources, check you hardware stores and even your mothers garage. The major thing is to use proper lighting technique, you can have lots of great equipment but unless you know how to use it it does you no good to have it. HOWEVER you can have minimal equipment and if you know how to use it you can get a really good look.

Absolutely. You need to take a look at a basic filmmaking guide on lighting. Filmmakers handbook. Or there's one that specifically mentions working with Video. The basics of backlight, keylight, etc. would help you and Chasm4u is right. you can purchase lighting from the local hardware store that would help you right now. Again, it's about technique and if you can get the techniques down while you're young, it'll serve you well from here on out. And then when you do get on a set and can afford the cool Kino sets, and Dado heads and what not, then you'll be better at using them to their full effect then.

I did see, 'The One' and reiterate that you need to look at lighting and set design, but you may want to work on story more as this didn't really deliver for me...and that's what filmmaking is supposed to be...storytelling.

If I see some more, I'll comment.

Keep at it and congratulations on your award.

peace,
Martay

Back