• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Synopsis advice

Hi all!

I thought you could perhaps help with something of mine I am writing for my script.

It is a part synopsis/logline, whichever term you would like to give it, but I would like to know if you can have a read of it, and see whether it makes sense to you, if it excites you to want to know more, and if you get a jist of what the story is> Your constructive input would be most helpful! Thanks!

Synopsis: [The Desolation of a Dream: Part 1]

UK businesswoman Grace Abaddon, celebrates her most prestigious night at an awards ceremony for her work in business and enterprise. She has succeeded in places many people couldn't, and is at the highest of her field. But someone was pulling the stings. The perilous underlayer of her brilliance is coming to light, and knowing that all good things come to an end, a price is ultimately paid. The beginning of this character study, marks the end of her influential reign, devised from her cunningness and insatiable efforts to power. In this Art-House drama, we are spectators of this shining figure, who inevitably falls from Grace...

Synopsis by Marcus Ebanks

Hi all!

I thought you could perhaps help with something of mine I am writing for my script.

It is a part synopsis/logline, whichever term you would like to give it, but I would like to know if you can have a read of it, and see whether it makes sense to you, if it excites you to want to know more, and if you get a jist of what the story is> Your constructive input would be most helpful! Thanks!

Synopsis: [The Desolation of a Dream: Part 1]

UK businesswoman Grace Abaddon, celebrates her most prestigious night at an awards ceremony for her work in business and enterprise. She has succeeded in places many people couldn't, and is at the highest of her field. But someone was pulling the stings. The perilous underlayer of her brilliance is coming to light, and knowing that all good things come to an end, a price is ultimately paid. The beginning of this character study, marks the end of her influential reign, devised from her cunningness and insatiable efforts to power. In this Art-House drama, we are spectators of this shining figure, who inevitably falls from Grace...

Synopsis by Marcus Ebanks

I'll leave the details to more experienced hands than myself, but the grammar is all over the place!

UK businesswoman Grace Abaddo celebrates her most prestigious night at an awards ceremony for her work in business and enterprise. She has succeeded in places many people couldn't, and is at the highest of her field. But someone was pulling the stings. The perilous underlayer of her brilliance is coming to light, and knowing that all good things come to an end, a price is ultimately paid. The beginning of this character study, marks the end of her influential reign, devised from her cunningness and insatiable efforts to power. In this Art-House drama, we are spectators of this shining figure, who inevitably falls from Grace...

Synopsis by Marcus Ebanks[/I]

First off, you are full of redundancies. Let's weed them out; maybe something like this:

Grace Abaddon's extraordinary accomplishments in business and enterprise are celebrated at an awards ceremony.

Wow, how boring when you chop it down to essentials. Is the awards ceremony important to the story/plot/character development? Maybe it's just a lead-in...

At an awards ceremony to celebrate her accomplishments in business and enterprise, Grace Abaddo finds that someone behind the scenes was pulling the strings...

And everything that follows is just a confused mess. Really refine/define what your story is about. Do it in ten (10) words or less. It can be as simple as "It's a thriller" or "It's a Rom-Com" to "It's about making choices and living with the consequences." Now read the synopsis' and tag lines of the IMDB Top 250. http://www.imdb.com/chart/top Then go back and tear apart your own synopsis' and tag lines.

Back